Board Members

The historical society was incorporated on September 1, 1981 and organized in December of the same year.  The original board of directors included president Leon Begalka, vice-president Arnold Ditmanson, secretary-treasurer Donna Hughes, Edna Knight, Bessie Levins and Gordon Gunderson.  In 1983, the board voted to increase the size of the board from 6 to 9 members.

The intent of the museum is education into the history of the times and preservation of artifacts that relate to Clear Lake.  A grant by the South Dakota Committee on the Humanities provided the services of John Miller, a historian from South Dakota State University and William Swarting as consultant. 

Clear Lake Historical Society and Museum History

The Clear Lake, SD Historical Society mission is the education into the history of the times and preservation of artifacts that relate to Clear Lake. 

Clear Lake Main Street 1909

Preserving a Treasure Chest of Memories

A Deuel Area

Business

A JEM Web Design

Updated 5-30-2016