The intent of the museum is education into the history of the times and preservation of artifacts that relate to Clear Lake. The Historical Society was incorporated and organized in 1981 with six members and increased to nine members in 1983. The Museum was inaugurated for the Centennial celebration in 1984. The lots on which the museum stands were platted in 1884 by E.S. Ellsworth, trustee for Rapids, Iowa Falls, & Northwetern Land and Trust Company when the town was platted. Orginally part of the Lochart building, built in 1901, it was leased as a post office from 1913 to 1933. The building was purchased in 1981 to become a museum.In 1987 the Lakeside District #18 schoolhouse was moved into town and placed behind the museum. In 2000 an addition was built onto the west end of the museum.The Clear Lake Historical Society accepts financial contributions and donations of historical artifacts and other items of interest to the history of Clear Lake and Deuel County. Livetime memberships are also available. Contact any board member for further information.
2022-2023 Board Members
President - Susan DeJong
Vice President - Diane KjenstadSecretary - Sandra BendtTreasurer - Karna LindnerBoard Members: Carol Olson Lourn Lysne Keith Diekman Sandra Koenecke Karlys WellsBoard Member Emeritus: Kay VandenBurg